Friday, June 20, 2008

Racking Up Points

It's been vacation week for the Devers Family. I came back from it a little early, due in large part to the Relentless Pursuit of Futility (see below). As one of the editors, the wife understands and that's what really matters.

Speaking of my bride, here is what I've seen of her all week:



You'll notice a large body of water in the background (locals call it "Gulf of Mexico"). We were in Port Aransas at the beach for the first half of the week. I'm not a beach guy. Or a mountain guy. I grew up in Enid, Oklahoma, so I prefer a nice, flat plain. If wheat blows softly in the wind, all the better.

The bride has been trying to talk me into taking a family vacation to the beach for years and I finally relented. I have to admit (but don't tell her), I liked it. I even made some progress on the WIP. I would not be opposed to going back in a couple of years, if we can stay in the same place. And as long as there's a Vegas trip between the two.

My wife concludes the vacation tomorrow with the little Devers at our local water park, which means she'll be exposed to some serious pockets of humanity. She goes forewarned.

No comments: